addressing one of the main global challenges,the new ‘sustainability, agriculture, and technology’ labaims to contribute towards achieving the sustainable development goals by providing food, energy, and fibres sustainably in existing and new agricultural production systems. as an international team striving for excellence, our work is global, we embrace new technologies and methods, and collaborate openly based on innovative thinking.
the lab is currently expanding a network of global projects to assess landscape-level effects of cocoa and rice production systems on the environment and people. besides comprehensive biodiversity and socioeconomic monitoring, we are interested in human health effects as a result of agricultural management and general land-use change under climate change. ultimately, we want to develop a long-term and holistic picture of the ecological, social, and economic effect of agricultural production strategies in different crops and parts of the world.
we are currently looking for an
executive/research assistant to the pi
- manage research funds of the lab (reporting, reimbursements, etc.)
- coordinate affairs with the university management for the laboratory
- organise affairs for the pi (arrange for housing, drivers, flights, meetings, etc.)
- support new lab members and visitors upon arrival (organize housing, hotels, etc.)
- translate research grant & other applications from english into chinese
- be a pro-active member of the team (if you have ideas, let’s hear them!)
- other tasks as assigned
what you should bring
- you are well organized and have a good time management in a fast moving environment – ideally you have project management experience
- you are familiar with numbers, ms excel and ms word and you know how to do budgets and reports
- you lived abroad – now you want to work in an international environment and like share your insights about china
- you have experience in the chinese research environment and know how things work
- previously, you have written chinese grant applications
- you are proficient in spoken and written english and mandarin
- you have a master or phd degree
what you can expect
- an international and comfortable working environment
- a highly motivated team
- a competitive compensation package
if this sounds like you and you are up for a new challenge it would be great to hear from you!
please send a cover letter (including your experience and motivation to join the lab) and an updated cv in a single pdf file to a/prof. thomas cherico wanger ().
please apply by 2019-08-31, however, application screening will begin immediately and applications are considered on a rolling in basis until the position is filled.
- 【事业单位】 杭州市富阳区部分事业单位2019年招聘145名人员公告 09-17
- 【国企】 深圳大学未来地下城市研究院陈湘生院士团队2019年9月招聘3名研究员/副研究员启事 09-17
- 【编外人员】 2019浙江桐庐县卫健局招聘编外人员1人公告 09-16
- 【编外人员】 2019浙江杭州市医疗保障局余杭分局招聘编外人员（劳务派遣）2人公告 09-16
- 【编外人员】 2019浙江下城区纪委招聘编外人员1人公告 09-16
- 【国企】 2019贵州锦屏县滨江城市管理运营有限公司秋季招聘面试成绩公示公告 09-16
- 【事业单位】 2019杭州市西湖区西溪实验学校诚聘语文老师公告（非事业） 09-16
- 【事业单位】 2019杭州市西湖区象?#25509;?#20799;园教师招聘公告（非事业） 09-16
- 【事业单位】 2019杭州市西湖区行知小学美术教师招聘（非事业）2名公告 09-16
- 【编外人员】 2019年9月浙江杭州市桐庐县卫健局招聘编外人员公告 09-16